Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Part Three
The new idea


After saying in part one of this epic blog that I'd talk about all three projects I then got nervous that if I started publicly talking about this one I may feel foolish down the line if it doesn't come off. I'd also be incredibly disappointed. However, I also felt a sense of duty to share, especially with other artists, the sheer amount of time and work it takes to try and get your own project off the ground. As I want this to result in a piece of public art the people I haven't spoken to so far maybe easier to list! 


There are many times when I've been close to throwing in the towel, especially filling in the Arts Council application form. At this stage I've no idea if I can pull it off and when it either goes ahead or doesn't I'll say more about the actual idea later. 


Regardless of the outcome I know that in one month I've met more people in the right areas for future collaborative projects than I ever would of if I hadn't have stuck my neck out and spoke about what I want to do. I've found it all quite nerve racking and realised one day that if I take my foot of the gas it all stops and everything comes to a standstill. It's quite a scary thought.


So, without particularly telling you anything I've probably said enough...I should hear in the next four weeks if I have funding or not but seeing as the project is also relying on me getting a local property there's a lot riding on the owners decision, the owner just happens to be Liverpool Football Club...




Lothair Road, L4

No comments:

Post a Comment