Thursday, July 14, 2011

12 followers! Ooeh!

Hello twelve...

Well, as those on fb in the last hour will know the glorious news...I'm getting a replacement MacBook! I'm so made up as I've missed that little machine like a good bra or a great pal! Those who know, know!

So anyways, the studio was quiet today but good, got loads more photies on the wall, this time not so wonky and this time showing the installation day of L5 6QW. I hope the techies, Simon and Tim don't mind being plastered all over my walls!? It's kind of fitting as they are the best techies in the world (creep creep) apart from my previous techie, Ben at UCS, I have to stay loyal to him too! Seeing as Simon taught me to weld though (there's nout that man doesn't know about metal) he has to be a nose ahead!

Simon and Tim in matching shirts, installation of L5 6QW, June 2011



I faffed around with my other work too, the bed idea I told you all about last time? I think the title will be, The bed's above my head and I'm tired, long yes but that's how the idea first came to me...those words were running over in my head one night when I couldn't sleep. I felt like it was the start of a poem or song but seeing a I can't write, decided to work with it for awhile to see were it would lead. At the time I'd also been reading this great little book called The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy by Tim Burton, lent to me by my friend Nicky, it's a crackin little book filled with great illustrations and poems and had a big influence on this idea.

I suppose this work is quite surreal, I like the element of using recycled wood too, it's got a history and a story to tell in it's own right. I wanted the feeling of an inaccessible bed...we'll see, it's all still in my head at the moment, I wont know if it's right until I do some more work on it.

Thanks for listening now go to bed!

3 comments:

  1. Much thanks to you for peopling get the data they require. Extraordinary stuff of course. Keep up the colossal work!!! instagram followers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trusting the same best exertion from you later on also. Indeed your exploratory writing abilities has propelled me. Free Instagram Followers Generator

    ReplyDelete