Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Much better

Dear all six loyal followers!

I thank you!

Today's studio time was so much better. I spent some time in the library looking at work by Doris Salcedo and got excited again. Some great images and exciting work.


Doris Salcedo, 8th Istanbul Biennail, 2003

Good discussions too with Iphy and Oliver, fair trade for allowing them to share my studio at dinner time and listen to my 'stereo'!

I spent a ridiculous amount of time nailing photo's to the wall then taking them down again as they were all wonky! I blame Oliver for this for talking to me at the same time. I also did more on the structure I'm making that will eventually resemble a kind of surreal, Tim Burton-esque bed, hopefully around 10ft tall built from all the wood I've acquired from the good people at Bristol and Wiltshire Wood Recycling. Another notable portion of my time was spent on the phone to npower (our gas and electricity provider) as a 5 minute phone call resulted in around an hour back and forth. The joys of sharing a house and splitting costs in preparation for moving house next Tuesday...

Insurance result on Mac still pending although they have been in touch requesting more details regarding purchase so at least they got it!

Oh, fun was also had discussing (whilst working obviously) the recent youtube videos of Vic and Bob! It's important stuff. As important as discussing drill/screwdriver settings which is a re-occiring theme with male passers by to the studio this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment